Engaging & Changing: Mental Health Advocacy & Leadership in a Shifting Landscape (Virtual, Live)
Friday, September 24, 2021
9 am- 4 pm ESTThe Indiana Counseling Association is hosting a one-day virtual, live workshop centered around multicultural issues, advocacy, and inclusion in the state of Indiana. During the one day workshop, we will also be presenting a panel/educational session for counseling graduate students about involvement and leadership in professional counseling organizations.
5.75 NBCC- approved Continuing education units will be provided for workshop attendees.
See flyer here: ICA September Workshop Flyer.pdf
See brochure here: Engaging _ Changing Mental Health Advocacy and Leadership in a Shifting Landscape Workshop (Virtual, Live) (2) (1).pdf
Times listed for Eastern Standard Time
9- 9:15 am - Welcome
9:15- 10:30 am - Keynote Session: Engaging & Changing: Mental Health Advocacy & Leadership in a Shifting Landscape - Dr. Angela Jackson
10:30-11:30 am Panel/Educational Session: Shifting the Leadership Landscape: How Involvement with Professional Counseling Organizations Enhances Professional Identity and Leadership Skills - Isabella Betancourt, MA; Ariana Gleckman, Counseling Graduate Student- Ball State University; Carissa Lopez-Bockus, M.S.Ed., LMHC
11:30 am-12:30 pm - Lunch
12:30- 1:30 pm - Breakout Session: Pathways to social justice advocacy and leadership: Why? What? How? - Cheryl Warner, PhD, Associate Clinical Professor, Counseling and Counseling Psychology, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
1:30-2:30 pm - Breakout Session: Intersections of Social Justice, Advocacy, and the Counseling Profession - Dynetta Clark, MA, LMHC (IN), LPC (MI), NCC, ACS - Staff Counselor, IUPUI Counseling and Psychological Services
2:30- 3:30 pm - Breakout Session: Micro-level advocacy: What is it and how do we engage in it? - Nenetzin A. Stoeckle, PhD, LMFT, AAMFT Approved Supervisor, Associate Professor, Division of Graduate Counseling, Indiana Wesleyan University, Indianapolis, IN
3:30- 4:00 pm - Closing Keynote - Dr. Angela Jackson
* Important Information about this workshop:
- All participants must pay before being allowed admission to the workshop.
- Please check into the workshop 10 minutes early to troubleshoot for any technical issues.
- Lunch is on your own. Please feel free to eat during the workshop at your convenience.
- Participants will receive the final agenda and any workshop materials one week prior to workshop, following confirmed registration and payment.
- Participants will complete an evaluation and receive a continuing education certificate (if indicated) following the workshop.
- Cancellation Policy: No refunds can be made seven days prior to the workshop. All refunds will be refunded your registration fee after a $5 administrative charge. Workshops may be cancelled or rescheduled due to inadequate registration or other circumstances beyond our control. If ICA cancels a workshop due to inadequate registration, you will receive a full refund. ICA is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of substitution, alteration, or cancellation of an event.
*Sessions will be recorded: Participants should be aware that the sessions they attend will be recorded. ICA retains the exclusive right to copy, distribute, publish, reproduce, and/or sell any session recorded during this ICA event. Recording by any attendee of any sounds or visual images, and use of any recording device or medium now known, or later developed, is prohibited at all ICA seminars and conferences or other training events unless prior written permission has been expressly granted by ICA.
Workshop Contact Information:
Dynetta Clark, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Chair: email@example.com
Carissa Lopez-Bockus, 2019-2021 ICA President: firstname.lastname@example.org